Professional Services Firms (PSFs) face specific challenges in the areas of developing business, building client relationships and delivering effective presentations. Individual professionals often have to balance the need to deliver work with winning the work and managing and leading others. This takes place in an intellectually rigorous environment where pressure is high and, often, the focus is on ‘eat what you kill’.
Tom has significant experience and expertise in working with professionals in this environment. As a founding partner of the Møller PSF Group Cambridge, Tom has worked with senior fee earners to improve their performance. Whether through workshops or presentations at conferences, Tom’s focus is on delivering practical tools, approaches and techniques grounded in robust research that takes account of the unique environment and context of a professional firm.
Tom has worked with large international law firms, accounting firms and consulting practices in north and South America, Asia, Australia and Europe.
Examples of work delivered for PSF clients recently include:
- Design and delivery of a 1 day business development workshop for law firm partners resulting in some immediate actions and wins;
- Delivering a conference presentation to a global accounting practice on influencing your stakeholders;
- Supporting the global rollout of a client relationship management approach for an international law firm to engage partners to take action;
- Working in Asia to develop a senior associate population to become more proactive in building their profile and developing their personal network;
- Designing and delivering a 2-day BD and influencing skills workshop for a south American law firm
Tom’s PSF and global experience brings credibility to his conference presentations and skills development workshops. Tom addresses the real challenges that fee earners face, focusing on the underlying mind-set that is often at the heart of performance in client facing areas of their work.